Hi all,Was interested in giving baitcasters a shot just for the heck of it. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with pflueger criterion.Its around $25 on amazon and was wondering if its worth a shot? http://www.amazon.com/Pflueger-Criterion-Reel-100-Yards-12-Pound/dp/B0036XG7UA/ref=sr_1_762?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1373374859&sr=1-762Im only after something cheap to get a hang of things and to see if its my type of thing or not.Cheers.

SpiderPIG" post=262584]Im only after something cheap to get a hang of things and to see if its my type of thing or not.

A $25 baitcaster will put you off using one for life, a positive is that you'll be able to supply the local bird population with nesting material.You can cast light jigs and hb's ect with them but using a quality reel is the key, it would be unlikley that a sub $200 reel will do what you require without severe frustration;) cheers

I love the pfluegers got three different modelsI got a trion , patriarch and a puristthe patriarch is by far the best @ $ 180 got that for.but the Trion at $ 75 hasn't let me down yet in the 6 years I've had it.the braking system in them is good for learning As you get better at casting you can adjust the system for Better distance...My youngest son can use them with ease and adjust them himself .I still get the odd nest with my $550 Calcutta but that's only when I try too hard for that extra metre ...secret is to just ease into casts and not try too hard love baitcasters ...Cheers