I'd say juvenile sand crabs and mud crabs for the most part, possibly some baby blue swimmers too; it's a pretty diverse environment out there with the flats and mangroves.I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to take them from intertidal zones though, and the sand and blue crabs have size limits of 10 and 11cm respectively. It's a bit of a shame really, very small crabs would be a gun livebait but they're not always easy to identify and they're pretty well protected by law.They're really cool little creatures and very hungry, I've thrown ST heads in the water near my feet while fishing there and had even the tiniest of crabs drag them under a rock and feast for at least an hour; silly little buggers!Why the question kingfisher? If you're looking for them as bait, berkeley makes a nice 2" soft plastic crab, about 10 bucks a pack at BCF I think; Biodegradeable and designed for bream, flathead and mulloway!Posted Image

I'd say juvenile sand crabs and mud crabs for the most part' date=' possibly some baby blue swimmers too; it's a pretty diverse environment out there with the flats and mangroves.[/quote']Most definately not mud crabs or blue swimmers. Mud crabs are a tropical species, not found down this way, and juvenile blue swimmers do not habitat under rocks. Probably just a common rock crab. Not sure of their name but found everywhere.