new tuna/light jigging reel

Just received my new 2008 model stella sw 5000pg from japan.I've put 250 metres of 30lb power pro braid on it and with 13kgs of drag which is much more than I'm ever likely to use it should more than capable of stopping any of the tuna I'm likely to encounter.Should be good for light jigging as well with 4.6:1 ratio.After reading the Alan hawk review on the new 2013 swb stella I got put off that so had to hunt around a bit to find the now discontinued 2008 model. Was even harder to track down the lower ratio pg model but got there in the end.20130923_191121.jpg

All up delivered it cost $820. Was $794 for the reel and $26 freight which is about $200 cheaper than the new model.Being a japanese domestic model it comes with a different handle and carbon handle knob.Yeah I agree Ale the Alan Hawk review would be costing Shimano dearly as it probably did Daiwawhen they decided to bring out an inferior model saltiga compared to their previous Z model.With social media being what it is these days can't really get away with decreasing quality and at the same time increasing price.Of course the new models of both reels are still awesome and the best there is but in my opinion they both set the benchmark with the previous now discontinued models.