Long weekend at Broughton/Moonta

Hi everyone,Great forum here, learnt so much already,but been reading for 6 months n thought its about time i posted lolHeading over to YP this weekend, to do a bit of casual fishing n :d/ I'm thinking squid, YFW and snook, but to be honest im not sure whats really avail. over there this time of year.Has anyone fished that stretch recently? or have any tales from years gone by?Any help or hints are greatly appreciated.Better give some background on my fishing i guess,I'm basically all land-based, have a few mates with boats but we hardly ever seem get out on them anymore.Mostly chase sharks and mully from the beach so targeting these smaller fish without planning on throwing them in as bait will be something a bit new for me, and hopefully a bit less exhausting haha. Got more rods than reels, and more reels than brain cells depending on who you ask :laugh: so having the right setup won't be an issue.Just need a bit of help with some of the finer details....-Ideal times-Bait -Preffered plastics for th snook (IF you'll let me in on ur secret go-to lol) -Anything else you think might help etcoh 1 more thing... im a bit partial to flathead so is there any chance of a lizard over there? Any little tricks of the local trade?Thanks again everyone.Looking forward to meeting lots of you in the coming years.See you on the beach,Herbie

First up Welcome aboard, but I haven't fished that area so can't help you out with that. I am sure someone will reply with some positive pointers..If you look through some recent posts you will see some "meet & greet Hookers" and you are more than welcome to come for a drink & a yarn.Next 1 is at Mawson Lakes 11/10/13 and then somewhere south of the city.Look forward to your stories of your escapades.Andrew

Cheers Pops, Hopefully i'll see you there.Just quickly... before i get directed to the search bar...I've scoured the forum... to an extent :clap: -I've read flatties off the jetty which is a bonus for me i can tell you-ive found big YFW to be had on cooked prawns (gotta try n find an alternative to that bait haha) - live worms an option?-also read of some rat kings cruising round the jetty & boat moorings - this is big news for me, spend a few days on the Ranfurly Banks (look it up if you don't know what it is...EPIC) a while back pulling in monsters topping 60Kg!!!!!! Was a hell of a task in 300m of water!!! Not expecting that obviously but still enjoy a tussle with a hoodrat on light gear. Anyone had any exp. with the Broughton Kings? Any pointers?Cheers, Herb

Love to rack your brain on some shark pointers for this time of year. :)But first my pointers on plastics for snook. The most successful for me are 3in gulp shads in new penny colour. Fished on a 1/20th head and retrieved reasonably fast they can't resist them. Don't count them out at night either as they still work but it just harder to control your casting with light jigs when you cant see them.

Howdy mate, im from moonta and have a caught my fair share of snook off moonta bay and pt hughes jetty. Caught em on all sorts of plastics and hard body lures. At moonta bay, the snook seem to hold up under the jetty where the set of stairs are just before the bend in the jetty. As for YFW, get yaself a bait pump and head out on the caravan park side. Plenty of nippers for bait. Fish that area too. Might be a bit early for them there but i might be wrong. Good luck mateCheers Rat