Full moon or new moon?For mulloway fishing? I have read full or new moon can both be more successful. I am going to hit the beach again next Fri morning for new moon, am I more or less likely to hit mulloway? Logically to me, I would do better in a new moon as more light for them to feed. Both moons have good movement obviously.............Your thoughts peoples?(I wish there was a mooning characteristic lol)

Honestly fishing in both has produced mulloway for me and i think ya meant full moon not new for more light. But both phases are best for bigger tides and if ya can get a high around sunset or soon after, the chances are even better still,likewise for sunrise but of cause couple hours before the sun rises is best.For me personally, i like new moon when its pitch black, as thinking about it, mulloway are pretty lazy hunters relying on ambush, and bait fish having the advantage of extra light must make things a little more difficult for big fish like mulloway to stay out of sight, having to rely on reefs and deep holes close to shore to hide and stalk touchy baitfish in bright moon lit shallows.Where in the cover of darkness the mulloway have the advantage cruising the edges with big eyes that see perfectly well in pitch black conditions which most bait fish like mullet and small salmon trout seem to lack as day time forages. The noticable drop of fish taking baits after dark when fishing for mullet and a lesser degree salmon trout, to me, seems logical to there lack of vision at night making an easier meal for mulloway chasing tight schools of sheltering fish in the shallows without being seen until its to late to flee!!But like i said i caught em in both but had better luck on new moon.And this is my conclusion to BEACH fishing only,places like the port river,off rocks and areas with plenty of structure and depth are probably totally opposite i dont know, but beach fishing is my no.1 place to be fishing for mulloway and new moon is my personal choice. hope it has helped answer your question in someway and goodluck Friday morning hope ya get lucky.