A bit of 2 weight fun

After giving the local creek a 'rest' for a month or so I grabbed my little 2 weight six footer and headed down to see how things were looking.The water levels were much lower than last session with very little movement. The pools were crystal clear and it was great to see not only trout and Redfin but also yabbies and aquatic bugs doing their thing.With trout visible in all the pools it was not long before I was connected to a nice rainbow that I have seen and targeted for a while without luck. It grabbed a small unweighted nymph gently lifted to the surface in the still pool. Of course I had forgotten my net and fishing with only 2lb tippet things got a little bit tense.... Luckily I managed to gently lift the fish from the water by hand, and after a few quick pics it swam off to sulk for a while.The next pool had a giant brown that I see most times I fish, and true to form as soon as my line touched the water it shot off to hide. The rainbows kept rising and I managed to hook two again on a nymph suspended under a dry. Managed to get one of these to the reel as it screamed off down the pool with a few good leaps thrown in. My new reel was fantastic and really smooth, and after a few nice laps around the pool the fish was beached. A phone call call from the Mrs dragged me back up the hill leaving the trout still smashing the surface around me......Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Great report and pics bream reaper,I really enjoy your reports , its the sort of fishing i love as well.Its the whole experience of getting in to beautiful spots,enjoying the surroundings, the fish are in tune with their environment and the challenge they present to us anglers is as rewarding as actually landing them.Cheers B)