Help Fishing the Onk, or anywhere else... lol

Hey guysInterested in trying my hand at fishing in the Onk, have only been there once and it was a dodge tide so I decided to go to Larg's instead.I am not looking for any secret spots but anything better than near the public car parking areas would be great.I have seen spots like Perry's Bend and Between the mouth and certain bridges, but not knowing the area at all I have no idea where these areas are, lol.If anyone could show me a google map with a marker or 2 on it, preferably where to park and where to fish from it would be great.Have not had a lot of luck lately with the last 5 or so trips resulting in 1 or 2 squid, 1 Crab, 1 Undersized Bream, 5 Bastard Trumpeters, and a whole lot of undersized ST plus a slimy mackeral or 2.Living in the Northern Suburbs this has resulted in my fiancee and I spending a lot of money on fuel and bait for mediocre enjoyment. Driving 2 hours each way to Ardrossan and only catching a few squid is lame.Happy to hook on to anything from Bream to Redfin, a flatty would be nice, and I'd love a mulloway, but i know better than to get my hopes up lolAny advice is much appreciated, even if it is not for the Onk in particular. Have not had much luck at all land based fishing in years, with my best catch being squid and I don't think I have ever caught a fish over around 35cm..... which was back in queensland 10 years ago..... and nothing over 30cm since I have been in Adelaide, but I see a lot of other people with decent catches so I must not know the right places and usually end up on a metro Jetty with a whole lot of other people catching nothing. So I am finally leaving my pride at the door and asking for some advice haha

I have had more luck in the onk than in west lakes for mulloway....although there are some very very nice fish in westlakes.You need a lot of time for mulloway in general....its a real waiting game iv learnt.Fresh as fk or livebait for the onk....id only use livebait in westlakes .The rest is trial and error and try to work out patterns.....I too spend shit loads on fuel ...its the chase that keep us going.Soft plastics can be productive in the onk also, never tried in lakes.

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely try West Lakes. Could I please get a map coordinate or closest street to meter mark, once again another area I only tried once and do not know well.Definitely the chase that keeps us going, I enjoy fishing greatly even if i'm just catching and releasing undersized fish. Would love just one monster though, I know if I had a boat or a friend with a boat it would make the chase much easier lol.Is there a lot of bastard trumpeters in West Lakes or would I be better off going to Garden Island and catching 10 or so shitties then taking them to West Lakes?I'm a big fan of plastics so I will try them in West Lakes and report back how it goes.I am going to try the Onk aswell, I would like to get a Kayak but due to funds that is out of the question until next month.Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...