great clouds...

was on the rocks the other night, and the most amasing sunset happened....the good bit wasnt the sunset though, was the clouds over us that really stole the show...days like this if i catch a fish its a bonus...pic at black point near whyalla in the background.camera is a cheapy kodak easyshare c643 6.1mp...no tripod used...Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

for a 300 doller camera ive had some great results with it.... doesnt have a setting to allow for lightning photos BUT does have a fireworks mode, again without using a tripod i captured these 2...took over a 1000 photos to capture though.....i just jamb the cmaera next to my car mirror and click away....first is from hummock hill overlooking the boat ramp,second from base of mt laura in whyalla overlooking the city.Posted ImagePosted Image

Good photos Nev, just like the movies i make compression is an ass, takes the edge off of great photoscheers chuck

yeah thats the thing....the photos just dont do it justice on how breathtalking it really is.... the first set of pics had us basicly not care if a snapper bent the snyderglas and screamed off the alvey, and being a camera i just couldnt fit all of the sky in.... it was also the same colour above and hehind us just darker...

hey good pics ov the lightning i tried getin sum lighting pics at grange but it was too quick :icon_e_sad:

yeah have to be very lucky to catch it sometimes.... i took over 1000 pics that night for 2 good and about 4 average photos...with the camera i used it doesnt have a setting to open shutter for an indefinate time, just a firworks mode, that when pushed opens the shutter for about 6 seconds.... so just by chance there happened to be a flash that happened in that 6 seconds, a lot of the time i was too early, late or in the wrong direction for the lightning but had a good time trying to get the pics.
  • 1 month later...