Port Hughes School Holidays

Hi all,

heading over to Moonta caravan park for the first week of holidays, pretty soon now. Dragging my small tub over as well and the weather for the first couple days are looking pretty nice. I'll probably stick in the bay and was thinking about working some places like Cape Elizabeth for some whiting. Any hints and tricks on catching these buggers or any suggestions on other possible species that might be biting over there?

Cheers guys

I think you'll find a fair few species out there mate. I've only fished landbased there and we've always had luck with tommies, gar, squid, snook and YFW from the jetty. Have heard of some rat kingies turning up recently at both jetties as well.

Regards to KGs, I'd think broken bottom armed with some squid or cockles should be a good start :)

get your squid first thing in the morning ,pull up on your fav whiting hole or drop, i mainly fish tippara lighthouse area for whiting up to 60 cm. huge snook and huge squid,i do use a few pelletts for burley and clean your sqiud and put the guts and inners in your pot ,i find the burley will get the fish to the boat quicker,and some tide movement is when they are active and hungry  .should be a few whiting around after the blow we just had .and good luck