Yeah ben godfrey is shit, thats why he won last years grand final, and is now on the AFC in the first place... You dont get a spot on a boat on the AFC for not doing any good. But as for putting diesel in the tank that is just plain stupid though.

I'm not saying godfrey is shit, i think young brooksey is getting a little too excited.And brooksy the truth is he didnt win, so he missed by 15gms. you need the fish that count, and he just didnt get em. All you have to do is look at the top 10 bream rankings for 2008, he aint even in that. consistancy is key.And grumps, yep understand about the editing of the posts.

Yeah ben godfrey is shit, thats why he won last years grand final, and is now on the AFC in the first place... You dont get a spot on a boat on the AFC for not doing any good. But as for putting diesel in the tank that is just plain stupid though.

I'm not saying godfrey is shit, i think young brooksey is getting a little too excited.And brooksy the truth is he didnt win, so he missed by 15gms. you need the fish that count, and he just didnt get em. All you have to do is look at the top 10 bream rankings for 2008, he aint even in that. consistancy is key.
But 8 other people in the top 10 arent in the AFC either...?? Comes down to the day most the time in my opinion, and there would be alot more angst and nerves amongst anlgers especially guys like ben new to the afc, which would make it a bit tougher. He did have consistency in the grand final he won, thats why he pulled 3 good bags in 3 days, thats not easy I bet. But your right some sort of consistency is the key to staying up there.
Guest SuperThahn

The way the bream rankings work is over a number of years and Deisel is only new to the sport and doesnt compete year round as he has the tough job as a surf photographer. For how new he is to the sport, he is a GUN. He will defintly be a force to be reckoned with in the next few years

Guys he's a top bloke, i've had a beer or two with him. and asked the question. so the story goes... He woke up at 4 in the morning after a massive journey to get to yamba. rolled up at the servo early and has never had a diesel vehicle before. As he went on to say he normally fills up the car then roll's forward and juices up the boat too (force of habit) Half dead to the world, his mate rolled forward and he just started filling...The worst part of the whole deal and here's where it gets stupid, after he blew and i mean BANG! blew up the motor; it was taken in for repairs.. repairs were all done with a fully rebuilt e-tec, mechanics thought it would be good to see the results of their labor.. Arc'd up the donk and BANG!!!! they forgot to drain the diesel out..Any hpw he's a top bloke and addapts fast, he'll be around for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just reading my 2009 T.A.G (Tournament Angler Guide) and there was an add in there for one of the AFC team sponsors, and they had the AFC winners in the add with the words in big print 'Nitro wins AFC series 6 with Team :-X' ::) geez thanks guys ::), a bit like watching a movie and you get told the ending ::) >:(

Yep Team Mercury done it again, 2 yrs in a row. What an awesome Barra they got :icon_e_surprised: 1.2m 30kg monster :icon_e_surprised: when it gets put on You Tube have a look :icon_e_wink: its huge :icon_e_surprised:Dizzy Borg is hot at the moment, 2 time AFC Champ, 2008 ABT Champ, and #1 Bream angler in the country ;)