West Lakes 26th December

As I drove over the Birkenhead Bridge this morning I thought gee the water looks very still .So upon reaching West Lakes I realised there was slightly more wind but not to much .Somehow managing to get in the water at 6.45am again like last session .I was off with great amounts of small bream following my fly I thought yes I could get in amongst the fish today .Firstly I tried a totally Barbie Pink fly .Other than the tiny Bream following my fly nothing .So I thought lets try old faithful a bright green fly this was around 7.45am.At 8am I was totally getting disheartened .When out of no where this long silver shape (either a ST very small schoolie or even a whiting) picked up the fly and ran and yes u guessed it spat the fly .The water was very clear and I watched all that happen very fast.Thinking yes I am in with a chance four more casts in the same area produced nothing .I kept going up the beach and decided to try another fly with a pink head and a colourful tail .While it once again was getting followed by small bream nothing was hitting it .Continuing up the beach I swapped to a yellow fly and kept fishing for nothing .So at 10.15 I left the water and headed home .CheersUntil tomorrow