Fishing the Pages

Not trying to be smart mate but a current nav. chart is a really good investment. More particularly as "Backstairs Passage" is very treacherous, strong tides/winds can get you in serious trouble :thumb:(assuming your going from Cape Jervis)The only time I tried to go there was with a very experienced mate in a 22 footer. When the waves were clearing the Cabin top was when we about turned. Sensible thing to do but I was pretty disappointed as Kingfish had been picked up there shortly before that .hissy. .hissy.Cheers, tonyb.

Thanks for the help fellas'... Tony I've already got plenty of charts for that area, we fished for a living out of Penneshaw when I was younger and know the Passage fairly well. I've never been to the Pages before. I won't go there unless the water glasses out as it can get quite treacherous down that part of the passage :)

Wow, I'm impressed and here's me preaching to the converted :-[sorry mate, just thought you may have been a raw novice and the last thing we want to see is in-experienced guys, heading into danger. :oGood luck with your trip and I'm sure we'd all luv to hear how it worked out :fishing: :icon_e_biggrin:Cheers, tonyb.

Ive been out there twice, once fishing on a charter and the other diving for cray (very very scary dive site). I cant remember any bommies on the way out. I know that the water between the two islands can get pretty nasty with current and swell, we only trolled for salmon but there was a shit load of them, but remember diving and seeing heaps of other species, (just too busy being preoccupied with cray and the fear of a white comming along)to take much notice of what they were.