PENN senator 9/0

hey fellas ive got plenty of good shark reels but im just wondering wat u fellas think of tha penn senator 9/0's??ive got an old 9/0 with box and no corrosion and in wiked cond!! this is my favourite shark reel!!!id rather use my 9/0 over my inter 50W,so wood you be tha same?????also my 9/0 has had much luck off semi with BIG sharks coff coff white pointer.um who said that????????????? :icon_lol: :icon_lol:ani way how do ya rate tha senator 9/0's?? and wood ya rather use a inter 50 or a 9/0??thanks lloyd

Yes a stupid question in logic Big Lizard but its a toughy for me. In paper the inter wins hands down of course. But Lloyd's 9/0 has a lot of sentimental value on its plate, if you had seen the reel and box in real life and the fish its caught on it you would probably do what im doing and chose the 9/0 over it any day... But I'd chose my tyrnos 30 over an inter50 or Penn 9/0 any day! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes a stupid question in logic Big Lizard but its a toughy for me. In paper the inter wins hands down of course. But Lloyd's 9/0 has a lot of sentimental value on its plate, if you had seen the reel and box in real life and the fish its caught on it you would probably do what im doing and chose the 9/0 over it any day... But I'd chose my tyrnos 30 over an inter50 or Penn 9/0 any day! ;D ;D ;D ;D

great point there jameso!!!!! i just re spooled mi 9/0 2day!!! if u guys knew wat has been caught on it what has been lost on it and wat condition it is in, u wood know wer im coming from!!!cheers lloyd
Guest big lizard

500m of 35lb maxima ;D to be exact.....I have two 50TW's no need for the lil ol 4/0 wide it's retired pretty much, till i spool it with 80lb braid for the mouth if i ever build my GF110 broom stick ;DIve had them all 4/0's through to 10/0's mates have 16/0's etc and i still would go my inters..... GIVE me an Everol 14/0 yummmy bit big for little bronzies though :laugh:No one seems to speak of Daiwa SLT tournaments IMO they look like a great reel dunno why people steered away from them????

great point there jameso!!!!! i just re spooled mi 9/0 2day!!! if u guys knew wat has been caught on it what has been lost on it and wat condition it is in, u wood know wer im coming from!!!cheers lloyd
So what has been caught on it?

So what has been caught on it?if i said on this site id probz get in trouble, but i didnt catch it! i let a mate borrow my reel 4 a few weeks because i wasnt in a fishing mode for a while!!!ohk il tell yaz!!!!! mr white of a local jetty!!! and lost 1 9ft bronzie at tha gaff and lost a few good hook ups!!!!!! plus lots more!!

Guest undertaker

Dinosaur

Exactly right......but they're as tough as the mother-in-laws Sunday roast,and mine has done me no harm over the years that I've owned it,bumping it over breakwater's and such,the old Daiwa 900H is a good old lump too...........having said that,I do enjoy my TLD 50 though!Not rich enough to own a gold one....
Guest shark hunter

you cant go past the penn inter.much easier using a lever drag reel.when i started shark fishing 12 years ago i did use the senator 6/0 9/0 at that time they where around my price range.but now i use a inter 50w and 80w i also have 955 965 975ld.so its internationals for me but if you are happy using the 9/0 then stick with it

inter 50w and 80w i also have 955 965 975ld.so its internationals for me but if you are happy using the 9/0 then stick with it nice range of inters there mate!! but ya shood hava medium size inter also, ive got an inter 12 also, i think u shood invest in a 12 or a 16!!!! great size for all fish and sharksthanx lloyd

Guest shark hunter

yea mate i agree with what you are saying.thats why iam after a 16 inter.but trust me mate you will be surprised of what the 975ld will handle.out of the range i have that is my favourite

Guest big lizard

having said that,I do enjoy my TLD 50 though!Not rich enough to own a gold one....

ahahahaha golds tha way 2 go tho hay!!! it just looks good and rich!! lolInternationals are a far better reel, bullet proof!!!What kg drag has a 9/0 got standard Sideshow?? 6kg maybe 7 if your lucky.... Hate to be right but they don't look good and rich they are fantastic reels and i'd tell everyone to save the extra $$$ to buy one over a senator any day, like i said i have owned them all.....

yea im not 100% sure wat drag pressure they got but if ya wanna make it a leaver drag out comes tha hammer!!!!! as in just keep hitting tha star drag :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:yea man inters are siiik but local jetties its not worth loosing 1 to a $10 crab net! and people knocking it over and people just staring at it!thanx lloyd