Soft plastic worms

hey guys just after some advice on the soft plastic beach worms in the berkeley gulp range, ive looked on youtube and most of the people that seem to use these are the guys that chase bass in the lakes and dams of america these fish have huge mouths too, i bought some tubeworms a little while back to chase yellow fin whiting went to brighton jetty and got none while my friends around me using the same bait got 3.. the tube worm was shit it wouldnt stay on the hook and it was like complete mush, i kept it in the laundry overnight so maybe that was the problem but im just wondering if anyone has had experience chasing yellowfin whiting with the berkeley gulp beach/sand/blood/whatever other types of worm they make or any other fishing experience with them for that matter!

Try the camo worm, Ive had a bit of luck on the YF with them, Been sight casting the school on incoming tide with light jig head and fine guage hook casting over them and slow retrive back through the school and this seems to work (for me any way). Havent used them as bait on standard rig though.