Australia Day morning at the lake

Well what can I say its been awhile since I posted .Went for another flick this AM at West Lakes.Last night I made a barbie pink headed rubber band fly,to replace one I lost Saturday to a snag(and crappy line I was using) .But I used wider rubber bands resulting in a fly with an Extra large head.And I decided to leave my long rod at home and use my old short rod(I know why I bought a new rod) !!First cast I thought its not sinking .Second cast I will change this baby.Wham bam fish attack sadly it was so quick I missed it .Few more casts in that spot and I worked out this fly was actually a semi popper and took a very long while to sink.Moved spot and once it sank bam I am on and this fish felt no to bad but it spat the fly.And that was it I walked around most of the northern end of the lake for no more hits.Plenty of follows .Now towards the end of last year I was given a bag of rather fat and very large rubber bands.stay tuned for a popper fly made from rubber bands ;) .And everyone have a Great Australia Day(another reason to come home so many people bait fishing) .

I did walk half our little beach Brenton .But with bait fishers in a couple of spots and a middle aged woman going for a swim it was still unproductive.when I saw that I decided to try casting on the other side of the lake .And when about 15 people(the normal crowd of bream fishers had left) all set up at the Bower Rd outlet I thought time to go .while more and more families arrived in the car park :fishing:My 2 hits today and one yesterday were at that other beach where we caught ST's at . :fishing:.I was really shocked when that small bream hit the fly on the surface .I really thought they were feeding but they weren't.Friday morning may be better when everyone is back at school etc. ;)

guys don't to upset just yet.IMHO its still early in the season .School holidays Public holidays.Dads taking kids fishing .all of these put added pressure on the fish .with school going back tomorrow and most companies back the pressure will be lessened .Which means to me less guys using bait and taking the fishes attention away from fly and lure guys.Hey even the ethnic group that haunts bower rd left before most aussie bait fishers started this morning.And that certain beach Brenton didn't start performing until around Easter last year.the bait fish schools have not moved in yet .When they do I'll be almost camping down there :fishing: