west lakes 7th feb

Well I arrived at the lake and started fishing at about 7.15 am.it was already warm at 26 c .And I had planned on using my foam popper fly .That's what I did .First section of the lake I waded out to there was no interest in my fly.And after four casts I moved on a few metres. Second spot I tried and second cast pop small Bream was launching its self at the fly .And then nothing four more casts then I moved on .This continued up this section of the lake each time I moved at least two fish would attack the fly .And on several occasions you could here the fly "POP" back onto the surface,plus at least 2 larger fish were creating bow waves under the fly.And as I approached the next rock wall I decided to exit the water and try the next beach..Where once again I had two fish jump at this fly and then nothing at 8.15 am the Bream stopped .I decided to swap flies to my normal rubber band bait fish fly also pink in colour .Nothing along this stretch and I worked my way back in front of the rock wall nothing again.After stepping into a rather large hole I decided to swap sides of the lake .While having a nice chat with some bait fishers assuring them I was just mucking around .they packed up and went home .Couple more casts and I'll go home bang the drag was screaming . I must admit Ididn't play this fish very well.After so many lost fish in recent weeks I decided to get him ashore ASAP.And the result was a very nice 26cm Bream my second largest Bream on a fly .At 38c it would be my biggest at that temp and biggest at 9.15 am.Posted ImagePosted Image

Well done Micky, you're a brave man trying to fly fish in that wind.Keep on catching.Cheers, Dave.

Its funny about the wind .It wasn't that strong to start with and was behind me all morning.by the time I caught that Bream it was blowing a gale but from behind me.My casts were going further and further,it was great .