Driving on Moana beach

not sure how to wrie this as I AM a supporter of driving on the beach dont get me wrong,but after visiting there yesterday being a wed about 1.30 in the afternoon with my son to have a play on the beach,i was amazed at the idiosy of some people and this includes a fisherman in a silver subaroo liberty launching his tinny,(if i had your rego number i would print it you twit) doing at least 60 and i say at least 60 prob more,and then there is the car loads of people doing donuts and drifting,all this in an area of about a km of sand, where there would have been fifteen familys with a few kids each playing and going back and forth to there cars :thumb: dont these people realise that there privalage of driving along that said beach is under threat and there behaviour reflects on all of us,and therefore threatins our privelage of doing the same..my son who has never driven on a beach before thought it was a great thrill being able to drive down to where you can play-swim and i hope his brother who is at the moment to young to know will also get to experiance the same feelings. so on that note i propose that they set a tarrif to drive on the beach say $5 a per drive so as to get rid of the hindley st cruiser type from driving back and forth all day doing donuts and putting beach users at risk and our privelage of driving there our selves at risk......... thanks for reading my ten bucks worth ;)

Totally agree Carps - the dick heads will increase the chance of beaches becoming closed to vehicles.I cringe when I see people speeding on the beach when there are kids about.I used to fish regular on there - at the end near the poles.I have become fed up of having to tow people off though.There was a period of time when the sand became very soft but still people with 2wd would come on.One arvo I was asked 4 times for a tow - with very little thanks.My 5c worth!

Carps if you go down there on a weekend you will have to pay (i think its $10 now could be wrong havent been down there in a while) just to get off the ramp and onto the sand, but alas having been involved with the Surf club there I can say that the fact that they pay is of noconcern to them as they then feel that they have the right to do what ever they want. What these dicj heads dont relise if that a cop comes along thy can still be charged with hoon driving as the beach is clasafied as a road and as such all road rules apply. Aust day weekend just gone was a perfic example of this as he club treated and sent by ambo to hospital 7 people that were hurt by these knobs, and a patrol member was assalted by a drunck driver trying to get to the person that they just hit. I am all for driving on the beaches but I am afraid that as is the case with almost every thing these days the idiot minority will screw it up for the majority.

You can get a free beach pass if you live in the local council area.Just pop into Onkaparinga council offices with some ID showing you live locally and they are only too happy to give out a pass.I would not mind if the money charged goes direct to say local Life Saving but I'm not too sure.