Is This The Original Blade?

Wow, that's an awesome piece of history there Roger :fishing:Just got some new blades today at a sale of one of the larger stores up north. :fishing:One of these has only one piece of the English language on it which says it's a 1/4 oz "Sonicboom" Very sexy looking tho with all the good features a blade should own in my limited experience with them :PAgain not cheap at $16, might have to get my bathers out again if this fella gets snagged up ::) ::)The other which interested me (again covered in asian language symbols)had a piece of blade similar to yours with a plastic fish shape stuck on it's surface which didn't go all the way to the blade edge giving it a strange appearance ???Going back to your little gem, do you have any way of dating it? it would be fascinating to find out how far back in fishing history it actually goes :fishing: 8)Cheers, tonyb.

Going back to your little gem, do you have any way of dating it? it would be fascinating to find out how far back in fishing history it actually goes

That was the main reason that I posted the pics of it but I reckon that Brenton is pretty close when he said the 60's. The blade is good quality stainless and the body is lead, cast in one piece including the eyes. I suspect that the blade was included into the mould rather than being soldered in afterwards. The hook has been inserted as a double with the extra prong soldered on afterwards. It appears to be hand painted. I am making up a board of old and interesting lures to display my new shed and I reckon that this one will be on it for sure. I would like to know its origins since there are no ID markings on it.If anybody reading this can help then please do so.RogerG

There's a guy whose handle is "Mully" on here and he has his own lure only site, but I think they are mostly fairly modern patterns.

On the site they have lures from all over the world from all dates and times, and all seem to love there "classics" they probablly would be able to tell you at least who it was made by, therefore giving you some sort of time line from where it came
  • 8 months later...
Posted Image My mate got 2 new lures from some guy and gave me one to try. This is the result I recieved. The bream is obviously undersized but i'm very happy for a first try and also while I was trying out my new lure the fisherman around me caught absolutely nothing. The lure has superior action and im glad with this lures results.

P1010087.JPG