6.5kg + carp on fly

hey all, torrens was going off today in the city. i was busting for a ;) and went in the bushes and saw carp gulping at the surface. i was in between jobs and decided the next customer could wait for a few hours so i shot of to get my gera and came back, they were still all on the surface and after 20-30 casts all stuffed up by those birds (not ducks) those other things going for my fly and spooking the fish i finaly found an isolated thumber fish 3 casts and got it in the right spot and was able to see him open his thick lips and gulp down the slowly sinkin fly (only 2 m from me) it it was hell, fishing 6lb tippet and a 3 weight rod (about 1-2lb spin rod equiv) after a 5-10min fight and another 5min of circling and trying to net the big fella with a trout net i got him. weighed in at over 6.5kg (the net doesnt go any further) funny though 2 passers bys asked are you going to eat it? are they serious?i hooked 3 more but pulled the hooks on them. then it was off to the next job with a smile.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Ha ha I went for a spurr of the moment carp fish today as well, the rods were in the car from sunday. ;DDropped past a shop for some bait ( I dont fly fish cos im crap ;))Hooked 10 good size fish (approx 600-800mm+) on the light stuff, but I didnt have a net and couldnt pull them up the few feet of the bank. :( so every one I got to the bank pulled the hooks as I tried to lean over and grab the gills.Sorry no pics as its a bit hard to take pics and play a fish at the same time :PI did try to take a video but was also trying to wind in the fish so the video was crap, but the reel scream was good, lolThere was a work site near where I was fishing and the blokes kept stopping work to watch me play the fish. lol. ;D