Fishing by the Moon?

YES! Go to the local tacklestore or newsagent and buy a small pocket-sized booklet called the "Angler's Almanac".These sell for under $5.00 and use phases of the moon to predict the best fishing times for every day of the year.I've been using it myself for a few years now, and I've been impressed with the results, and now rely on it!

ive got it and there really gd

YES! Go to the local tacklestore or newsagent and buy a small pocket-sized booklet called the "Angler's Almanac".These sell for under $5.00 and use phases of the moon to predict the best fishing times for every day of the year.I've been using it myself for a few years now, and I've been impressed with the results, and now rely on it!

i use the almanac but mainly to limit my fishing to "black days" so i dont obsess about fishing all the timedoes any one understand the times we are supposed to add half an hour and take one hour of for day light savings and a lot of the hot times seem to be in the middle of the day or night not the best fishing times in m,y headi usually fish sunsett on a black daylast week at browns we had better luck on a grey day than on the blackshave had the same result at pt willythe book just gives me a bit more confidence and the missus can work out when im gonna dissapear a bit easiercheers justin

• 2 weeks later...

I think the 3 days before the full moon & 3 days after the full moon are a myth, most guys I know recon their missus & kids go a bit strange around the full moon so i think the reason more fish are caught at this time is because more blokes are fishing to get out of the house ;D ;DYorky

the wa\y the almanac works is basically the good days are 2 days before the full moon and the day after the full moonand there are three good days after the full moon after the new moonjthere are other average better days but not as good other days in the monththurs night and fri morning were rated as not so good but i got 20 mulletso you can never rely on it to much but it gives you a good idea i try to plan trips away around the three black days after the new moon and that seems to worksat was a black day how did others go ?i couldnt escape the familycheers justin

gidday all Ive tried heaps of stuff i have read :-\ (freshwater mostly)Moon full ,not full ,before and after full,no moon, new moon and every other moon ,Barometer going up ,going down , in between,high and low ,water temp high-hot,low-cold and in between,Water depth deep, shallow,Fast flowing , slow flowing, not flowing, Clear, dirty and any thing else i may have forgotten, :-\ .I still maintain as my signature says.FISH ARE WHERE YOU CATCH THEM ;D If you follow the 'Rules' you may just miss out on that freak day,One occasion comes to mind when a friend and I had been lure fishing for a day and a half ( about 13 hours throwing lures ) with only two golderns and one nice cod about 70cm to our tally :( when we decided to have a spell(read rest).after about an hour i decided to have a couple more casts before heading into the nearest town for a few beers and some tucker,WHACKO :icon_e_biggrin: first cast g/p,2nd cast another, then another 1st 5 casts 3 golderns, :o this got the mate into the swing,In the next hour we must have pulled 60 + golderns, ;D ;D without moveing more than two feet along the bank. and almost all of them legal size,and varying colours from shinny silver thru yellow ,green and black,Nothing seemed to change weather wise or temperature wise as I pay a fair bit of attention to these things.It was off to town for some beers and a meal (about 2 hours) then back to camp for the nite.More golderns on lures after dark ,didnt count these,----Bed---sleep----- Next day 8am nothing,cast, cast , cast,three hours NOTHING.As i said fish are where you catch them these days are few and far between. I think some of you may have had days like this,if your young and havnt stick with it ,it will happen. Cheers Peelipeeli 14PS all but eight fish were released unharmed :angel: