Howdy Rob... it looks like the replies are a bit quiet :icon_e_surprised:So I'll recommend what I use and those that have met and used my (fishing) rod to haul in snapper :icon_e_smile: would back me up in saying the Penn Sports 6601 matched to an overhead filled with some decent mono such as the Platypus super 100 20lb (go for some mono as the elasticity will ensure you stay hooked up as opposed to braid where there is no give and you'll easily pull their dentures out) this is a killer fishing rod for snapper of any size and should be registered with the coppers as a lethal weapon :icon_lol:Apparently it is the same blank as what sabre use on their sticks.... the 6601 Sports sells for around $90 and with the extra cash you could set yourself up with a decent overhead to boot :fishing:

you might as well get something that you can use for lures as well as bait. have a suss of the tierras, i have one of the 10-20lbers and they go sweet. Then get the best 3000 size daiwa that you can justify.Spending a little more for a single set up thats going to be more versatile is way cheaper than having to buy another whole set up for lures afterwards.

thanks for the replies fellas. Sorry i should have mentioned that i already have a Tekota 600 for the bait rod, and was just after a rod. __matt__ i have already got a couple of snapper plastic rods (SOL 3000 and medium rod, and a Stradic FI 5000 on a Mexican fire Raider II snapper rod) but wanted something for bait