Why 2 guys drowned at moonta

They went out in 2 boats at night,one being towed behind with rope.The second boat had concrete and bricks etc which were to be used to make a artificial reef.The second boat took on some water due to being overloaded.When the second boat had a larger wave come through it sank and took the towing boat under quickly.http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,25337083-5006301,00.html

I was staying at the caravan park in Wallaroo in the cabins on the beach the week this happened.I had been out in my boat all day, and came in around 5pm ish. the weather at that point looked fine, but you could see the front on the horizonThe forcast for the night this happened was for strong winds (I cant remember the exact forcast) but it had been forcast for a few days. That night I was kept awake for most of it, with the wind howling thru the cabin we were in.I got up just before first light and it was still blowing and the sea looked rather crapA few minutes later I saw a boat going out, thinking to myself these guys are nuts, of course this would have been one of the search boats.Later that morning was told in Complete Angler that a boat was missing, but it should be OK as they were pros and are probably laid up in the lee of an island somewhere. If only huh!A few hours later I found out that they had found the boat and a body but were still searching for the second body. Which was of course found a few hours later. :censored:So on the face of it, it looks like there decision to make a reef cost them there lives.But of course we do not have all the facts.Several of our members know the blokes who lost there lives, and there family's.Please show some respect, by not posting negative remarks about there lost loved ones. A very sad incident indeed.Ian :(

No disrespect to those involved but I can confirm this report as my old man was involved in the search and rescue process.The boat was found at a very solid anchor and divers were sent down to inspect, confirming their suspicions of another boat attached as an intended reef.On the news report on TV you could actually see the rope from the stern holding the boat in place.Sad stuff indeed.