Fishing charter - Fiji / Vanuatu??

Bit of a long shot but someone might know.Mrs Tyke and I are off on a decadent cruise around Fiji and Vanuatu soon.It was a bargain and we are in an interior cabin which will drive me crazy - hopefully the 24 hours bars will have windows :D :DI am not paying $400 for 3 hours "Organised" fishing by booking with the travel company.I know I will get the itch to try my hand at fishing up there.Thought I'd try and have a look for a local charter.Has anyone tried one of the local charters / organised something themselves???Appreciate any tips!Don't think P&O Cruiselines will appreciate me trying to haul a game fish up 7 decks!!! :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Hmmmm, calm down Ranger!!Thanks for the links!Looks like Fiji is rated highly for game fishing ;D ;D :fishing:The size of those Marlin!!!!

Marlin = 6 ciggiesbig tuna = 3 ciggieskingfish = 2 ciggiessnapper = 1 ciggieTyke... it all depends on how many ciggie breaks you can fit in to get your fish aboard on the charter boat :fishing: :stir: :icon_lol:

You really won't let me forget that first Big Red will you.Genuinely funny post Fishie. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:Ranger - yours is not :thumb:.............. Well go on then as I'mfeeling mellow and generous. ;D ;DDunno if I will get a line out - much serious batting of eyelashes to Mrs Tyke first!!!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
pwilly wrote:

a mate of mine just got back from vanuatu last week and he said they had charters for $300 catching big game fishhe didnt do it was just letting me know hope that was some help

Thanks for that - just new up there so don't want to get ripped off.Suppose if I did hook up a biggie I'd not complain though :laugh:
spotter wrote:

It looks like it. I dont have a strike hook hat yet so i will have to try and remember to pack a Compleat Angler Hat and you will know who we are. We will have to catch up for a drink. We are going to have plenty of time for that. I can't wait.

Excellent stuff - look forward to meeting you.We are the loud but fun Pommies - look for a little bloke with a blonde tache & goatee. :laugh::laugh:

@ Tyke This will be a good mix.Brian is now an ex-pom. (I made him get his Australian Citizenship and passport to go on this trip.)We are flying to Sydney on Monday morning & meeting friends from Victoria at the airport.Should be a good relaxing time. Just the first 2 days on the ship I just want to sleep in, read a book, enjoy a movie, drink a couple of wines and do nothing ...... and I am so looking forward to it.Spotter

Good for Brian - we took ours years ago and now only have Aussie passports.We call ourselves "Pozzies" now :laugh::laugh: We are on the red eye 6.00am flight :unsure: It's our first cruise so not a clue what goes on - I've packed my posh frock though. :laugh:

Your roving S & H reporter here - from the Coral Seas.Force 10 gale last night,4m seas, looks like we are going to have to miss our first port of call as the going is slow.The ship is lovely and she's coping well,it feels more like we are on a plane than a ship. :) Not met spotter yet. :)

Tyke wrote:

Your roving S & H reporter here - from the Coral Seas.Force 10 gale last night,4m seas, looks like we are going to have to miss our first port of call as the going is slow.The ship is lovely and she's coping well,it feels more like we are on a plane than a ship. :) Not met spotter yet. :)

I don't believe it!He snags a holiday in the tropics and we STILL can't keep him away from the forums! :silly:

I am here... only just. Haven't been feeling all that well. But i am much better today than yesterday. Tyke maybe we will catch up later. We will have plenty of time.The weather is crap and has been since we left. It can only get better. Beautiful ship and all the food you can eat (if you can eat at the moment) Going to have Cocktails this afternoon for something to do.

spotter wrote:

I am here... only just. Haven't been feeling all that well. But i am much better today than yesterday. Tyke maybe we will catch up later. We will have plenty of time.The weather is crap and has been since we left. It can only get better. Beautiful ship and all the food you can eat (if you can eat at the moment) Going to have Cocktails this afternoon for something to do.

Sorry to hear you were unwell - plenty were .Yup it is a beaut ship as is the food and entertainment.Will meet you sometime on the cruise!
Fishie wrote:

How about a good ol' fashioned English greasy "Fry Up"..... that oughta' cheer you blokes up :woohoo: :S

It's calmed down today - to 25/30knots but less swell.The pigging cabin is soooo creaky though, not getting much sleep!! B)