Lures for Mulloway in West Lakes

Gday mateMullies will take a variety of lures both soft and hard. I would take into consideration the terrain and depth of water when making my choice.If its deep water then using a lure that only dives to a depth of say a metre is making it hard for yourself. I would go for a softy say a 5" jerkbait or a 6" worm on just enough weight jighead to suit the conditions you are fishing. I always try to fish the lightest I can as I feel it gives a better presentation.If the water is deeper or the fish are feeding on the surface then any minnow type lure will work. Once again it would pay to observe and see what the fish are possibly feeding on and try to duplicate this as best as possible.Ive had good success on SX 48's for schoolies as well as lures up to 110mm. if its windy then I go for the bigger lures as they are better to use in these conditions.I really dont think there is one particular lure that is best but rather you carry a good selection of size ,weight,colour and types that will allow you to adapt to the prevailing conditions.I do however have a preference for suspending hb's rather than floatingSeriously when mullies are in the mood they will take all well presented lures.cheerssnapps