Getting smoked

50lb Braid Mullies Chaser {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifThe guys in the vid said it was a large thresher shark that apparently had been feeding close inshore to the beach they were fishing.Totally outgunned on surf tackle, thats a TLD with 1000 metres of 60 pound mono job that one.Matched to a Sabre LBG stroker or similar {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gif

I wouldnt risk it {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifI would borrow Guru's 10/0! With a 37kg, short stroker game rod.

Yep I would love to go one on one with that beast on something like that.Even things up a bit.Thats a big gutsy surf rod that one hes using, by the look a big 5 or 6 wrap 13 foot Wilson or similar, they use them for monster mullies ect.And it was totally flattened out and out of its depth, making no impression on the beast.Cheers {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif

I'd hate to bee spooled, never have been never want to be. I've been down to my backing but never spooled. I've heard your meant to loosen the drag as your run out of more line because of the spool size or somthing (can't really remember and can't be stuffed trying to remember). If I knew I was getting spooled I prob would crank the drag up and start reeling even if the drag is still running, AFC style!Nah I would prob try and play it out!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...