Soft Plastics as Surf Poppers?

Guest undertaker

Guest undertaker

G'day all.I've used surf poppers for a few years now on the ocean beaches like Salt Creek,and have used them on the Far West Coast as well.My "supply" has dwindled over the years,and my thoughts went to the use of a soft plastic in it's place.Has anyone tried it?I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work......Thoughts from anyone appreciated ;)

Guest AC Hardfronts

I have used this method for a few years now and can tell you it works very well. Usually get more hook ups on the plastic than the bait.It allows you to use a better quality Hook to what the surf poppers have.Also i use the paddle tail style because of the action it will get from minimal effort from the surf, but you end up losing the tails of the plastics after few fish because they usually them pretty hard, same with the grub styles too.

Guest undertaker
Shark_Fisho wrote:

I have used both and the surf popper is way better than the soft plastic they have a better action in the current and they last longer than a plastic.

Hmmmmmm,might have to get "MythBusters" onto that one.......Thanks for your thoughts people ;) will give them a go in a few weeks at Salt Creek.