Rare flying Salmon Trout

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

burlz while I dont know what SLR camera this was taken with but my digital SLR camara can take a picture in 1/1600 of a second, so no matter how fast the action there is no blur :)

Ian help me out here! I just dont use camera's and don't normally carry one with me. In 35 years of fishing I recon I've only got a handful of fish photos, so I've gone out and got meself a digital camera!First problem, even though it was meant to be the "bee's knees" olympus water-resistant idoit proof, it seems that it's only 4 megapixels, and now to submit any photos to magazines you need to have a minimum of 5 megapixels, which makes my camera worthless.Alas, now I'm gonna have to go buy another one! So what's the difference tween another normal digital camera and an SLR camera, and what sorta price difference is there gonna be?

Ranger the main difference between the normal point and shoot digital and an SLR digital is the...... thinking ................lets see...................I think........well.......................shit! nearly everything!I am no expert by far, but I know a thing or two about them.so lets go thru the basicscamera featuresprogram featuresLens qualityshutter speedslenses that can be changed to diferent focal lenghth on most SLR camerasthe list just goes on and on.Now the CCD's that captures the image is the same technology but generally SLR's have a larger capture area (bigger size) so more info is stored for a pic.the shutter speed on SLR's does away with the frustrating picture taking delay common with point-and-shoot digital cameras.the price difference can be huge. my camera when I got it was $2200 plus a few extra goodies like nice flash (or 2 ::)), a good tripod,a good macro lens and wide angle lens and bag ect and I had soon spent way to much But I have just now looked at some SLR cameras the cheapest I saw was $599 with lenses and the most expensive was $5999 without any lenses and they can cost heeps more. ie. a lens I would like is $2500 just for the lens, and yes its staying on the wish list.now i'm a nikon boy thru and thru, but having said that canon make great cameras as do lots of other's.But the short of it is that you can get somthing rather good for say $1000-$1500.or stick with the point and shoot jobs and you can spend a lot less but often at the detriment of the end result.but be warned it can be as addictive as fishing... :icon_e_surprised: :icon_e_surprised:

• 4 months later...