Prawns for squid

I'm due for my annual pilgramage up to Port Augusta in that exclusive search for the king fish. As most of you are aware the number 1 bait - without doubt, is a live squid.We scour and waste the dawn breaking hours in the shallows searching for a couple each, before scurrying back to the hot water spot to hang our lines. Being first in can guarantee you the best position next to the wall , otherwise you are relegated to the blowey outer edges with your chances and "faith" in catching a big one dropping faster than a brides nightieSo, Has anyone tried fresh king prawn on a squid teaser - I know they are expensive but I'm quite happy to shell out the $20 in bait to help get a live squidthe jigs we use are "prawn" shaped jigs so logic says..but whenever has logic come into fishingLet me know........ :blink:

I havent used them.but what I have had much success with is a Yozuri squid jag that has some wire on that wraps around a small fillet of fish, or you could try some prawn ;) Cant remember what there proper name is but have caught heaps of squid on them. cost around the $20 mark also.Cheers Ian

• 1 month later...