From past experience if one has a dig at media reports, it's considered to be a dig at tackle stores ??This is in No way, shape or form a dig at tackle stores.However the fishing info given re the port river in the media is porkies to be polite.The Sunday rag has been wrong for the last 3 weeks and 7 ain't much better.I can't see why we should have to put up with incorrect info when we know what's going on with info published on this site by members who Actually been fishing the river either land based or by boat.As from now media info will be taken as a grain of salt by yours truly.And yes I was out again this morning from, 6.45 till 9.45 am for the sum total of 2 gar, 15cm and 18 cm. :angry: Flames are expected but not accepted.

Guest SuperThahn

Ck Ahh i get you and I would beleive it 100% im sure some have. The port s crawling with gar at the moment i have seen them and caught them myself. Good size too.You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink!

SuperThahn wrote:

Obviously only read what i want and look for. I didnt think it was about this site i thought it was about the advertiser reports

:unsure: So did i ST :unsure: Anyway most reports that are given out about the Port are from boaties and those of them that have been out there chasing them have indeed been getting them.Not sure about around the Veitch rd area but in other area's of the system they are...

i also take what the tackle shops say with a pinch of salt...after all, if the fish are not biting im not going to need bait etc etc...though im friendly enough with the local tackle shop to find out the truth.thing is, i dont care if the fish are biting or not... i will still head out for a look, and give it a bash....bit like the weather reports.... i dont bother with them either.... tried and best method is to go have a look.... more than once we have got to the ramp, turned around and came home... but we also have not gone because it was reported to be blowing a gale, yet the seas are near calm...

1ONMEPILLIE wrote:

SuperThahn wrote:

Obviously only read what i want and look for. I didnt think it was about this site i thought it was about the advertiser reports

:unsure: So did i ST :unsure: Anyway most reports that are given out about the Port are from boaties and those of them that have been out there chasing them have indeed been getting them.Not sure about around the Veitch rd area but in other area's of the system they are...
and you bel;ive fishermen? hehehe.... i dont....ive learnt to except one bloke's reports.... if he got whiting nth, i head sth... if he got whiting sth, i head nth...and most times i also get whiting...can read this bloke like a book....mind yu....he is my brother...

The media report said Veitch rd.Again 3 hrs today and no gar.However for those interested and have a boat about 9.30 am there was what appeared to be a school of salmon trout about 700 meters ( give or take) north of the power station on the eastern side of the river near the bank.Bird were certainly circling and very busy.