I just bought a shimano tld25 and i'm spooling it with 30lb mono. I'm looking for a rod for use off the beach targeting sharks, mulloway and rays. Does anyone have any opinions as to what length rod I should go or how heavy? Headed to salt creek in a couple of weeks so wouldn't mind it soon.Any help would be much appreciatedCheers Tom

Guest AC Hardfronts

State fisher.. TLD25's aren't really a casting reel.. (they can be casted) but if you after a 7ft - 15-24kg Rod which would be perfect for landbased sharks/ Rays/ what ever.. send me a PM.. i have a livefibre going cheap as you can get.. and will match very nicely to the TLD25.. I was running a TLD20 recently but i'm now getting a stroker 15kg texalium which is more suited to the boat..

Terowie wrote:

I have a 12 ' one piece synder glass mt144 8w low mount hooked up to a 650c alvey for casting baits into the surf, great rod ( and reel).I think of the TLD more as a trolling reel, only my opinion but would imagine that you could get a synder glass with a higher mount. :)

ahhhhhhhhh more alvey and snyder legends.mine is also an 8 w 144, in 2 piece, and ive got a 6153 (7w)THIS is the rod that is the toughest i have... i will break before it will, and has landed some huge stingers, and eagles.i also have a snyderglas high mount thats a 6110... its mated to an abu7000, thats my squiding and lure rod.actually...im going to start a new thread about the 6153...looking for an answer to the rod.