Rod for 30lb Braid??

bought a Shimano Tescata rod 7' rated 12 - 30 lbs. Although shimano say its developed specifically for the lucanus jigs, i thought it was killa. light tip but strong-as butt section. guy in the shop loaded it up and held it down - man i was struggling to hold on to the rod and it wasnt really flexing at the butt yet...well i was impresed with it anyway

In my collection of rods I have two innovator nitro rods... made of IM 8 graphite and loaded with Fuji alconite guides there are a pleasure to fish with anytime!! Price wise they are currently retailing around the 300-350$ mark but are worth the buck! You can purchase these at Fisherman's Paradise on Pirie Street in the City.What I also have is a Saltiga which is rated to the specs you have stated above.. you maybe but down a solid amount of dollars to get one but mate... THESE ARE AWESOME STRONG rods and fully set with SIC guides which are made for braided lines anyway. My best rod in the line up!!! ;) I run a Saltiga 3500 with 30lb braid on hercheersNazgul

well i just bought 2 of e'm! tell ya what bang for buck! it was my mate who caught the jewy too and he's got 3 of these rods, but after speaking to him, he suggested getting the 50lb stick. There just that little bit stiffer in the tip.I tried looking them up on the net.. good luck with that, there only sold by one mob in town as far as i know SFS.

• 3 months later...