Burleying while using soft plastics

Just a quick question,Softy and i are heading on a kayak trip over the long weekend chasing some snapper..was wondering.. do you burley up while using soft plastics??when im shore based fishing with pillies etc i burley up with pillies. but yak based and using soft plastics?? prob dont want fish juice on the yak in case of attracting smiley fish?Cheers for ya help!

depends really, if there aint much of a hot bite goin on.. yeah for sure berley away. latley ive had success with a dogdy ass rig, similar to a standard snapper rig, but i'm using a large jig head on the bottom for weight with a plastic and then a dropper loop a foot and a half or so up the trace with a pillie on a single hook... dunno works for me.. looks a bit rough tho.

we first discovered the rig fishing in the outer harbor shipping channel, we ran over a big school of snapper (tho we didn't know it at the time) all we had for tackle was bream gear. 6lb leader and 6lb braid with bream jig heads. we put a peiece of bait on either jig head, before we knew it we got dusted up by 3 or 4 of em.. before ryan landed one that went 4kg's.It was a totally random spot we just happened to stumble across using the humminbird side scan sounder.

coight wrote:

depends really, if there aint much of a hot bite goin on.. yeah for sure berley away. latley ive had success with a dogdy ass rig, similar to a standard snapper rig, but i'm using a large jig head on the bottom for weight with a plastic and then a dropper loop a foot and a half or so up the trace with a pillie on a single hook... dunno works for me.. looks a bit rough tho.

Use this myself sometimes and has actually caught me a few (albeit smaller) bream....!!!