Was just wondering if anyone here has a need for carp. I haven't been for a while but I'm going to start regularly fishing the torrens again and I normally turf them in the bin. I have a chest freezer they can be briefly be stored in so does anyone want them if I catch? Best i've done in a day was about 30 but I generally get around 10 and I don't have much use for them. I only keep a couple for crab baits so normally they go to waste...Let me know if anyone is keen as I can stock them up. Burley or bait they are both useful.

Guest davidm#2

thats a good effort mate, getting 30 in a day.but u might have to rethink ur optionshave a read in the freshwater fishing (torens closure) :ohmy: sorry to break the bad news, :angry: thanks for the offer of giving the carp away thocheers :ohmy:

where do ya live mate ive got a garden mulcher i put mine through add tuna oil and wulla great burley for bugger all.. i normally head up the river and collct as many as i can bring back but 10 carp make not even a 20ltr bucket when mulched and tuna oil added and we will chew this on 1 good night sharkin ;) so if ya local to me il take wat ya got better than letting em rot on the banks :)

Yeah i've watched that one before :) they've done some pretty crazy things on that show before (including cooking up $15000 of abalone). Would not consider ever eating a fish out the torrens :) haha i only ever need one or two for the freezer. Threw out a heap of stuff the other day. Chucked about 10 carp, 5 squid heads, about 1kg of squid wings, some mashed up mackerel and a few other assorted fish bits. The freezer needed a spring clean :) Empty again

• 4 weeks later...

Time b4 last when I was carping on the torrens, an english guy couldnt believe that I wasn't going to be turfing the fish back :side: :blink: :SAlso gave three to a very grateful Chinese student 1 day, and a evry euiropean sounding guy walked off with a heap of tails sticking out of his backpack, along with a small cloud of flies :huh::unsure: :side: :blink: :S :dry:

• 1 month later...