usually if you see white caps on the water its blowing around 15kts from the sea,and probably hard to fish off a beach. but if the wind is 15 or 20 kts from the land its ok, makes it alot easyer,with the wind behind you.stick to jettys if its windy over 15 kts if your keen 4 a fish,so i would say over 15kts is startin to get uncomfortable but sometimes depending on what your chasing the windyer the better!hope this helps

It depends on what you're after, the best days I've had salmon fishing have been with a stiff breeze(20+ knots)right in my face. A good onshore breeze pushes baitfish in close, and where there's bait there's bound to be predators. Of course after a day or two it will get too weedy to fish effectively. Conversely, when fishing with lightweight gear for things like yellowfin whiting that eat off the bottom it's nice to have a gentle breeze, especially at your back, or none at all. If you want to get a balloon out with a big bait for sharks then you really need a good offshore wind. So depending on what you're targeting that will dictate what sort of wind is ideal.