Fishing for YFW with lures

Hi I read some were that some people catch YFW on lures and was wondering if anyone can tell me what sort of lure they use. I have never fish for YFW until now and find they are fun to catch and nice to eat.We are only land base and fish for then on the in coming tide by walking out on flats and walk back in with tide. We use cockles or worms at the moment and thought lures would be easier as you don't have to keep baiting. Thanks Cheers Bill

hey Bill i do a bit of yfw fishing not a guru by any standeds but get a few. They'll take poppers in the shallows i find clear or white poppers are the go, have worked best for me on hot days in the shallows, working them really slow dont be afraid not to move it for a few minutes. Plastics will work to gulp worms are good friends of mine have caught them on the worms th 4inch 1's will be beta, the puffa's will nip away at the bigger 1's. hope that helps