Sharks on fly

Anyone got any sharks on fly ?Looking for any tips, strategies. Stripping ? colours ? techniques ? flies ?THE PLAN :Ive tied a large pink deceiver type fly on a 2x 10/0. :blush: Ive already got it connected to some 100lb wire in two plastic bags soaking in tuna oil :blush: Ive been told thats not fly fishing may as well put a pilly on ? SP boys use scented plastics, why not scented flies ?Next time I have a big bronzy come up the slick I hoping to lob it out and see if it'll take it. What do you guys think, sounds like a plan ? will that work ?

one day we had bronzies schooling around the back of the boat like a school of tommies, at any one time there were dozens there we caught maybe 30 or 40 for the day.tried flys even soaked in tuna oil and they would come up and look but would not take the fly's. Yet any bait chucked in they would attack like a school of piranha's very frustrating.

How'd u get em off ya jag Big R, :P Sounds like an awesome sight M, :cheer: Ive got some wild gar flies I tied a few years ago, I reckon its a good thing CK, may have to chuck em in the tuna oil bags :) A mate Bruce brown ties his shark flies in what he called fruit salad colours, Chartruese Green and Orange. His stuff and tips ALWAYS WORK. B) We've nailed some really BIG fish on MONSTER SIZE pink flies they seem to work well. This one particular fly looked like a miniature sailfish in all pink with a black dorsal. Didnt look like any bait fish I'd ever seen but it worked :) We bent the ganged 12/0s on our last sesh with it and it is no more :( I am hoping its all in the strip, APPARENTLY,.......taking it away from them when they come for a look works, every time they approach the fly u rip it away and return it to the tail. When they turn to have another look u do it again, when the fish is visibly rattled u lob it on its nose and their supposed to launch on it, another Bruce brown tip :) Trick is getting the suckers close enough to do that, most bronzies Ive seen in recent times bolt the moment they realize theres a boat there. I wanna see a school like Ranger and Big M. :)

Highfly wrote:

Trick is getting the suckers close enough to do that, most bronzies Ive seen in recent times bolt the moment they realize theres a boat there.

First one I ever saw was sucking bits up from the berley bag hanging off the back of the tinnie. Not a bif fish, 3ft maybe but was enough to rattle me at first. First shark I ever saw from the boat.Again good luck with it HF, look forward to the reports