Daiwa Saltist

I got one of the 4500H's off u.s Ebay a while back for a really good price compared to what they are on offer locally. Changed the T knob over to a custom style round power knob for comfort as I prefer these. For the money the reels feel great, smooth & made fairly solidly. I too read some average reports on them before purchasing & a bit of stuff that was said about them was no true. Keeping in mind some people think your going to get a Saltiga for under $300, best bet is too go in your local & check them out/have a feel & see what you think before coming to a conclusion. Hanging to give it a workout on some big snapps soon, matched it to a Daiwa Monster Mesh PE2-4 rod & reel is spooled with 30lb braid. Should be able to handle most things that come its way. Will let you know how it goes.

@ 1ONMEPILLIE - have you heard this from word of mouth or from people who have seen/used them? What problems have you heard about and what other similar reels represent better value?T BONE - Yeah, I would of thought they represented great value on face value. Glad to hear yours is going well. As you said you're not paying for a Saltiga etc.Thanks guys for your responses. Now clear as mud!... :unsure: I also notice the Seagate available for around $70 more. Runs a couple of extra CRB bearings, that's the main difference wonder if it's worth the extra?Cheers again.

• 5 months later...

Howdy, dug up this thread while searching about the 4500h. Was wondering if anyone had more info on them? Im looking at a reel for casting and bottom bashing, and the saltist seemed to fit the bill. Reading this made things a bit less certain.This would be my most expensive fishing purchase, so i dont want to stuff up. Maybe being used to lower end gear i might be super impressed with the saltist.Any new info would be very handyCheers