fly fishing Central Coast NSW, bonito, pike

hey all, just got back from a NY holiday for 5 dayes at Avoca beach, central coast sydney. it was nice az, wicked spot to fish with so much deep ocean off the rocks and lagoons around to fish, i had a ball fishing everyday, would get up early go fish avoca rocks for bonitos then go home for lunch, the go coffe with the wife then go back fishing at 5-9 then get on the juice with freinds, was a great time.but the fishing was crazy, these rocks were so busy but it was good the local spin fishers have designated a spin fish ledge and if a float comes past the will hook it and throw it up on the rocks, i thinks its just that as soon and the spinners hook up the biato's start casting the same spot thinking the fish hag there but they dont, hook ups start at one end of the rocks and work their way down. ended up with about 2 doz bonito on fly and lure and a pike and a frig macherel and also some solid whiting on poppers. i didnt want to leave, 'tuna' off the rocks.also they are supprisingly nice eating. once you skin them and remove all the muscle and dark meat and skin and bones your left with some nice fillets to marinate with herbs garlic ect and on the barbie they come up real tasty.should be 8 imagesPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Great report and fantastic picture JW.Sensational part of the world Avoca, spent a bit of time up that way surfing when I was younger.Aren't the lagoons to Terrigal/Avoca sensational ! Great fishing all year round with plenty of options. Really is a parradise and you can see why so many people retreat there.Great work on the fly again... take you back to NZ ??