Hi all .. here is my fist post and a bit of a brag too. I recently spent 5 days on Calypso Star out from Coffins Bay cahsing Tuna, Samsons etc. We boated good numbers of Bluefin Tuna each day keeping our 6 fish limit and releasing all the others thanks to great gaff work and fish handling skills by James the deckie. They were all in the 18-20kg size range and were a great fun to play with. There were about 6 Samsons decked along with 8 or so Blue Groper 1 small king and loads of Trevas, Nannies and other reef stuff. The weather was pretty good with winds being reasonable with the exception of the Wednesday storms that also hit Adelaide. We stayed anchored on the anchorage at Greenley Island and watched DVDs, slept and caught live bait for the next day. All in all it was a great experience being on the boat for 7 nights and 5 days and sharing the fun with a few good mates. Oh and the food was awesome too .. hats off to Andrew the Skipper/chef. CheersKrusty size=658http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/pxUBvOgZ__IMGP5253_resize.jpg[/img] size=662http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/zFWkgISh__IMGP5256_resize.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys .. Yeah AFF that is a Samson and the pics were taken in the anchorage inside Greenley Island. It was nice looking as Islands go but the skipper and deckie said that Pearson Island is the one for scenery. Calypson Star won't be running fishing charters next year so I am in the process of planning a trip to WA to fish either (or all) Rottnest Is, Abrolhos Is and Dirk Hartogg Is. With any luck we will perform a heap of catch and release on YF Tuna, Sails, GT's and HOOOOJ Samsons .. {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifCheersKrusty

krusty, insane stuff, as to be expected from CS charter. why arent they running charters next year? concentrating on those great whites i suppose?for those interested there are other operators in Lincoln that will still offer charters out that way during season. will have to get out there one day, take out a small mortgage! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I envy you. What type of gear were you using?

I believe he used fishing gear. lölsry, this post has been waiting toooooo long for someone to say that. “Ü”