Rock fishing. Improvised flotation device.

Now guys I cant say I have ever been rock fishing as I am not the most experienced fisherman out there but I have a little tip that my old man gave me for an improvised rock fishing flotation device that I am sure a lot of you may have heard of.Simple as this and you can have a good time making one to. The bladder from a 4-5 ltr wine cask. :silly: :silly: I know it wont be easy to blow up the good ol silver pillow if you were to get washed in, but every little bit counts if it means coming back alive after being washed in by a wave that you missed etc etc. :S :S So if you can try taking one out one day and just keep it in the back pocket just in case.Hope this was a useful tip guys.-TTAG :woohoo: :woohoo:

Dubs The Tackle Man wrote:

hey ty, thats a pretty big float using some big baits, whats wrong with the old bobby float?

i reckon he means, if you get washed in from the rocks, to use the "pillow" as a flotation device to stay afloat.great idea..... i used to take a water container bladder out, to use as a pillow for when i slept out on the rocks...bloody thing popped on me though... friggin sharp rocks. :dry:

them bladders come in handy and can be used for a num of things but if you hant any then one must go buy a cask if you dont drink that cats***s then you must emty a waste if you do alot of rock fishing in dangerous conditions /places and get washed in you dont get a lot of time in a bad rip or swell /undertowto blow it up :( :ohmy: :woohoo: :blush: thats why i belive one should buy one of those water activatedpfd's that u see on most of the fishing shows priced between $65-$120 they go ova the head and are very light weight and comfybut if one goes in it aotomaticly inflates so one can try save them selfs instead of trying to hold and blow up a wine cast bladder while drowing B) if it saves your life then its a small price to pay dont you thinkjust my two cents worthtight lines

them bladders come in handy and can be used for a num of things but if you hant any then one must go buy a cask if you dont drink that cats***s then you must emty a waste if you do alot of rock fishing in dangerous conditions /places and get washed in you dont get a lot of time in a bad rip or swell /undertowto blow it up :( :ohmy: :woohoo: :blush: thats why i belive one should buy one of those water activatedpfd's that u see on most of the fishing shows priced between $65-$120 they go ova the head and are very light weight and comfybut if one goes in it aotomaticly inflates so one can try save them selfs instead of trying to hold and blow up a wine cast bladder while drowing B) if it saves your life then its a small price to pay dont you thinkjust my two cents worthtight lines