Difference of opinion !

I was using a popper yesterday and a friend of mine told me to slow down reeling in.I was reeling it in just fast enough to create a small disturbance on the top of the water which as I understand it would attract the fish.Reeling it in slower did not create any disturbance on top of the water.So to you who know a lot more about it than I,Who is correct ??Thanks,pes

Depends on your target species,if fishing for bream i only slowly twitch or pop it along for about a metre or two before pausing and if its getting any attention i just twitch it on the spot more or less.In the last couple of weeks i've been getting 10 or 15 fish a session but getting the biggies is the challenge with them as the best would only be 35cm.If your chasing S/Ts or snook then you can pop and splash them along at a reasonable pace but a pause every now and then still can entice a hit. cheers brenton

brenton wrote:

Depends on your target species,if fishing for bream i only slowly twitch or pop it along for about a metre or two before pausing and if its getting any attention i just twitch it on the spot more or less.In the last couple of weeks i've been getting 10 or 15 fish a session but getting the biggies is the challenge with them as the best would only be 35cm.If your chasing S/Ts or snook then you can pop and splash them along at a reasonable pace but a pause every now and then still can entice a hit. cheers brenton

Pes, brenton has pretty much nailed it one, Depends on your target species its what ever works, there is no hard and fast rule. What fish like one day they will shy away from on another ;) its all trial and error :)