australia day flick yes surface popping again!!

Well I got this PM from crabman who wanted to learn to SWFF.He said he'd meet me at a certain beach by 7.30am.I got there at 7 fished until 8.Only Brenton turned up including the fish being a no show :P .So I drove to the other side of the lake .Brenton said the wind would be in my face and it was .So I walked past the bait fishers to the other end of the beach and before the next bait fisher .Waded out and the wind was at my back well almost.Just before 9am this little 20cm Bream grabbed my fly.At one stage I thought she was a bit bigger the fight she put up was great for her size.Sorry the best of the bad pictures I took of this fishPosted ImageSo I released that 20cm fish and a couple of casts .Well ok a bad cast latter and this tiny bream grabbed the fly .Posted ImageSame fish with a mouthful of flyPosted ImageSo once again I released the fish and casting away .This is when I really needed someone shooting a video .I'll do my best to describe this 21cm fish .She jumped about 20-30cm away from the fly straight up in the air and then across and landed on top of the fly .took my surface popper and ran.She'll wasn't going anywhere except on the bank for a picture or two!! Posted ImageAnd the bad fly picture Posted ImageOne more as she was my biggest fish of the dayPosted ImageAnd that was my Australia day flick.By then I was back to the bait fishers .CheersMick :P

Rick wrote:

at least you caught something mickyi spent a couple of hours paddling opposite dotterel court. plenty of fish sighted, had 3 strikes but no hook-ups.

I think Brenton caught some bigger fish .But I got lucky changed sides put my back to the wind cast and got lucky.And I loved the last fish JUMPING out and ACCROSS the water and hitting the fly.All I had to do was set the hook and land it :P and they all fought today even the tiny one !!
brenton wrote:
I think Brenton caught some bigger fish .Yeah i did but not a whole lot bigger :( Dodges are pretty well a dud in there unless you get some rough weather,it was refreshing using the human lure retriever again this morning.I might start wearing speedo's under my fishing clobber. cheers brentonWas it a dodge :blink: should have checked then again Glad I didn't ;)