Nice fish, are they the same as mulloway we get here

No they arent {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifWhen they first come out of the water in appearance they look pretty well the same.If you touch them they feel like slimy not scaly like ours here.Within a very short time they go pretty dark hence the name black jewEating qualities -superb
Guest Thahn

I have only caught one but it would be hard to say which one fights better as the tides run hard up north and they use that to their advantage. The one I caught was only 25lb but went like a shower of shit compared to 40+lbers I have caught in sa.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Apologies then mate 😉 that's interesting! It's exactly like the ones we get in South Africa apart from the yellow mouth. We get all 3 species as well (mulloway, Jews and terraglin) but our terraglin are called "Geelbek" which is Afrikaans for "yellow mouth " as its one of the few ways of differentiating Jews and terraglin.... Maybe the ones here are like a cross between? Interesting