Gday all. I have a Shimano Nexave 4000fb reel and no paperwork to go with it. All i can find about it on the net comes from overseas. Im guessing they are similar to a Sienna? Has same retrieve ratio and line capacity. Was wondering if anyone had used, or know of them. Would mostly like to know the drag details and if i could use this for sp fishing snapper(when i get on the water again!!)Any help would be appreciated.Cheers

The nexaves came out a few years ago mate. From memory they were a top little reel for the price. Knew a guy who used one for snapper and stuff and he loved it, pretty sure he got a 13kg kingy on it too. But yeah the 4000 would be perfectly fine for light snapper and mulloway luring as well as rat kings and big salmon even for whiting out of the boat as well. The 4000 size reels are very versatile. Hope that helped ya mate.

Cheers mate, that was helpfull. Would love to pull in a 13kg kingy on it!!!!Have done some lighter fishing(whiting, st's)on the reel, but is good to know i can load up the other spool with some heavier braid and give it a go. The sad flipside is this makes it harder to justify buying a new reel!!Thanks for the info Ben. Think i just have to push a button to give you karma, so hopefully that works.Cheers

Rooboy, got the range instock, 1000 - 10000, have done Tuna to 12kg on the 1000 size, yes 1000 not 10000, was on "I Fish" couple years back, Salmon, Snapps etc on the 4000. Haven't actually used a 6000 or 10000 but sold heaps of 'em, they don't come back.They are a bit of a bitza reel, xt7 body, high efficiency fish gears of Sahara, 4 bearings as a Sienna.Retails from $90 to $150you know where we are.Finatic