This may be old news but I only recently found out about the passing of Sam from Sams far west coast fishing charters last Wednesday week. Condolences to his family and many thanks from those of us that had the pleasure of meeting an absolute gentleman of our fine art. Sam you will be sadly missed by all of us that had the honour of meeting you.

Its been sad to see such a big personality lost from out sport. My condolences to Sams family at Magill. When i was a young tacker of 15 and did Sat and Thursdays by myself at 5 STAR Angling Supplies, Sam would sometimes hang out at the counter telling me story after story. Him and Gino were good blokes and his loss ahs already been felt by many.

I'm sorry guys - I should have reported this myself seeing my closeness to this subject. I posted it as news on my site but didn't think to go forum wide. It's been a tough subject for many, many months for all that knew him...And yes, Sam was a legend and has taken with him a fishing knowledge of extraordinary proportions. He left behind many great memories, great friends and I'm sure that he will be remembered by many for a very long long time...His funeral service was very touching and it was good to see so many of his past clients there among friends and family...RIP mate...