Wow, I didnt know anything about this proposed Pt Lowly Desal Plant.We all have to stand up and make ourselves counted on this one!!!!Weve got to do our best to stop this from going ahead. I myself dont want to see Whyalla's snapper fishing go down the gurgler in future years. I want generations of young guys to have the opportunities that we had to get out on the Spencer Gulf and catch the best species in the ocean.Of course I dont know where to start, but getting your support up here will be a good starting point. As the organiser of Group Big Reds, this has got my full support to stop this from going ahead, but realise that without many many rec anglers and high profile people (Including those in this article that have already chose to support our cause) we will have a tough task of stopping BHP if they decide to proceed with the plant.I think we are going to need a statewide petition and have it presented to the minister. Does anyone have the contact numbers for any of the High profile people in this article. I think we need to make those people aware that there are going to be many anglers on this site that wont want the plant to proceed.This is just insane.

Quote from Adelaide NowMineral Resources Development Minister Paul Holloway said the Government had "identified its concerns" over the project and was waiting for the final EIS.and we all know how effective an EIS is :huh: :angry:Whats the bet that the interests of big business will win out, impact or not :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

afishyfish wrote:

Quote from Adelaide NowMineral Resources Development Minister Paul Holloway said the Government had "identified its concerns" over the project and was waiting for the final EIS.and we all know how effective an EIS is :huh: :angry:Whats the bet that the interests of big business will win out, impact or not :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Just shows how bigga hypercrits they are, instigate a marine park up stuff up people fishingunder the guise of fish management ( sugar just seen a piggy fly past)but at the same time they let the multi national destroy a cuttle fish breeding ground not to mention snapper. :angry: