Were?

Guest shagging

Guest shagging

All these reports of st's in the port, some here, some word of mouth, been out 5 times the last 2 weeks and not one fish! tryed plastics, bait, and the boys today even used vibes, been to all the usual spots but!.....nothing, im not that bad a fisherman :unsure: lol so whats the story?

Guest SnappaHunta
Milky wrote:

try a small soft plastic where there is a bit of a rip and throw up current and watch your line - have noticed them taking at depth - had reasonable session today (2.5 hrs = about 15 ST)

Yeah, for sure, the key has been to get bait or lure very deep. We were out in the boat around Outer Harbour yesterday morning. (pretty cool sunrise by the way, and a few big banks of fog came accross)I dont know if you can still fish Pelican Point fron the land, but we were by the hot water bubble and the ST's were going spastic. Bait and a sinker just heavy enough to find the bottom was the key. I sounded the whole area and ALL the fish were on the bottom. This time last year they were smashing a metal slice on the surface, or hiting plastics on the drop.My experience over the last month has been that bait is the go if you want a feed.Pilchard/white bait/prawn. We started mixing it up bouncing SPs off the bottom in 6m of water, but its just for the challenge. Boat wise, if you fish the end of OuterHarbour Break wall(northern) or that hot water bubble by pelican point, its SAlmnon Trout Galore as much as you want. We fish 'em for fun, catch and release and only really take home dammaged fish. They are out there on the bottom in plague proportions.That hot water area is feeling very promisimg for a big Mullie, had a chunk taken out of my livie as the fog came over.heres a few dodgie pics, take it easy guys, time to get out to the wrecks and chase ol' King George around soon I reckon [img/]Posted Image [img/] Posted Image