keep the lure box on a concrete floor in the garage out of sunlight. Nice and cool. Fridge can sometimes be too coldI've had them over 6 months and still alive like thatApaantly there is a bardi grub mould you can buy for moulding mozzarella cheese into grub shapes. Saw it last year on line but cant find it now. M cheese is a top cod bait interstateThey would also look great on Pizzas :woohoo:

ciggy packets are a good option, I also used to cut up some irrigation pipe into 10cm lengths drill a small air hole in them then seal either end with a piece of newspaper and a rubberband. then stored in veg compartment in fridge to keep live for months.I also find their a better bait after being blanched in milk or water and frozen ;)cheers :)

When does the Bardi season end. I presume around spring?
Put simply it doesent end, as a grub they have a 2 year lifecycle in the ground before emerging as ghost moths so theres always some in the ground.The grubs that you get that are 5cm and under are normally in their first season of growth, then the larger 6-15cm fat grubs are in their second year. at the end of the second year they emerge in the first late summer or more commonly early autumn rains, they emerge find a mate do their buisness drop eggs and die within 48 hours of hatching.1st season grubs have their hole starting down deeper so you need to dig deeper to find their holes, generally only 3-4cm compared to a 2nd year grub hole thats more like 1-2cm down.Camping with a fire around easter in the mdb is very entertaining because their almost 100% fat and attracted to light so they fly through the flames bursting into flames themselves and continue on their course until their wings burn off.cheers :)