INFEET 2004 Gear ratio 4.7 Ball bearings 5+1 Weight 230grams Spool capacity 3lb/150m, 4lb/110m Real Four Hardbodyz Aluminium body and side plate Digigear drive system Airbail Twistbuster II ABS Airspool Titanium nitride ball bearing line roller Gyro balanced Infinite anti-reverse Machined aluminium handle 5 stainless steel ball bearings inc. 2 CRBB Finesse tournament water resistant drag system Well it certainly sounds like the goods, and Daiwa has the reputation! If you can get all that for under $200 it's definately worth a shot in my book!Bout all I could say in criticism is that it's a just a tad heavy for such a small reel.

Ranger U hit that nail on the head And thats (weight)about the only issue i could find too!! But for the price it makes the reel great value, and you almost have to pay an extra $200 to get a similar, lighter reel! Great value at under $200, got my eye on one, because i want a reel with a very light drag.(plus it is still lightish, just not a light as it could be)

hopefully not too light like the saltist light hard rock gamefish rods were. Saw a guy using one and it was bending pretty hard just from flicking his plastics.

Just got my saltist light hard rock rod and its awesome! Not at all too light, if ya remember its an ULTRALIGHT ROD designed for light lures! I got a nice trout on it the other day and it performed very well. IT is my favourite rod now, by a long shot!
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest --MATT--

my dilemma is wether to go for the infeet or the sol 2002???sol is definately smoother feeling, but an extra 50 odd bucks. will the infeet be able to have a normal deep spool from the sol fit it?want 2 spools, as i'll be using on for bream (e.g 2lb braid or 3lb flurocarbon), and the other for schoolies and and flatties etc (e.g 8 lb braid)its been doing my head in for a while now, i want to get my monies worth.has anyone got an infeet!?

ahh mulies_chaser {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

was it you with the (bendy) Saltist?? ....I thought he was taking the piss... -MATT-The Sol 2000 Spool fits onto the Infeet no worries, in fact i just tried it and it looks s.hot! With that worked out IMHO the INFEET with an extra Sol spool would be the way to solve ur prob. THat way you get the best of having a light weight reel with a finesse drag and can easily transform it into a heavy-drag reel with a good capacity!Also it will cost around the same price as a Sol and I doubt you would notice the difference between using a SOL and an INFEET, especially once the spools are sorted. Remember Sols cost more because they are made in Thailand and not China, from my expericnce with Daiwa, it does not matter where the reel is constructed because as is my understanding all the reel 4 digi gears are cut in Japan, so the assembly is largely irrelevant and effects cost more than anything else.If you want to try different spools on different reels feel free to call into the store or shoot me a pm.
Guest --MATT--

that'd be a mad set up mullies_chaser. thanks for the reccomendation YakAttacknTackleRat, thats wat i might end up doin....But then theres the twin power or stradic.. I'll just keep taking my dads cy untill i fry that, hopefully bythen i would have felt all of them and know wat i want!

YakAttacknTackleRat, thats wat i might end up doin....But then theres the twin power or stradic..

-MATT- U Serious dude? Those reels are nothing like an Infeet or Sol??? and dont have interchangeable spools......dont have heavy or finesse drags?+ a Twinpower is almot 100 bucks more!!U sure u got a dilemma there {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gifMullies that sounds like a nice setup, Care to share what ur fav braid is too? if its a secret how about a pm? Also what loomis did ya get?
Guest --MATT--

haha yeah well to be honest i havent picked up either of them yet, but from what i keep hearing im expecting to be dissapointed {SMILIES_PATH}/cry.gifjust sussed them on the net an im a fan of high retreve ratios, just a personal preference so i was just keeping my options open.not positive but in the catalogue and on the net each of the reels are supposed to come with a spare spool {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gifi'll probably just end up goind the sol 2000 anyway, but im just keeping my options open. cheers for your advice {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

Those reels are nothing like an Infeet or Sol??? and dont have interchangeable spools......dont have heavy or finesse drags?+ a Twinpower is almot 100 bucks more!!U sure u got a dilemma there {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gif

SPARE SPOOLS???? WHAT???I dont seem to remember commenting on SPARE spools??Interchangeable spools, yes and by that I mean SPOOLS OF DIFFERENT CAPACITY WITH DIFFERENT DRAGS (Finesse, OR Heavy Custom ect).As far as I know neither of the reels mentioned have this option, whereas the Sol and Infeet do.MAtt if you prefer the fast feel, thats a good reason to buy a twinnie or stradic, though the TWINNIE would be better imo because the drag is smooth both in the high and low pressures! {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif