Saltiga dorado 70s & 2500 reel

Hey all,Just wanted to know if anyone has used a combo like this. Was having a quick chat with someone who bought a 70s matched to a certate 2500r (20lb braid). Obviously im aware of the price but what range of fish can this tackle? whiting - snapper? Seems like a good medium tackle outfit (rod rated 4 to 8 kg). Whiting to snapper are the main target species in mind for me.So yeah if youve used it please let me know what you caught and how it handles..Thanks in advance

I find rod ratings a little tricky as my 6-10kilo is closer to the 6kilo end of its rating so my question is (Is this particular rod closer to the lighter or heavier end of this rating).Because if its closer to the 8kilo rating which some rods are, I think a 2500 could feel a little small and undergunned.I have a 3000 and I think that sometimes feels a little small.The ultimate reel size IMO is the 3500 ( Like the 3500 Game or similar).Although the 4000 is a little bit of overkill, the 2500 or 3000 can feel a bit small. especially when your dropping bit baits to the bottom in 30+ metres thats where the 3500 or 4000 is going to feel more adequate. Its one of those scenarios where you need to know what style of fishing you will be doing most of the time as if your fishing SP's then the 2500 may be okay but if bait fishing go slightly bigger.

Thanks guys!Quicky - i think this one is the alrounder too. Ever caught any smaller stuff like KG whiting or salmon? does it still handle on the smaller fish or bit more of a specific species rod?Had a play with one - seems to have a lightish tip but i find most diawa rod a little stiffer in tip compared to a say a shimano.